Transportation and Logistics
Doonbeg connects the dots around the globe between ship owners and maritime asset focused investors. Doonbeg has developed investment strategies to realize attractive returns in the shipping industry. Doonbeg has formed these strategies into a dedicated investment platform that is focused on realizing risk-arbitrage profits from structured finance shipping transactions.
Doonbeg’s team of professionals brings a tremendous amount of maritime experience in all facets of the shipping spectrum including dry cargo, both clean product and crude tankers, containers, cruise ships and ferries, and other specialized vessels including the off-shore oil and gas industry. The geographical expertise of our maritime team spans to all corners of the globe, and many of our partners have held executive positions in commercial shipping enterprises as well as have owned commercial shipping and related service companies. Below is an example of a transaction that Doonbeg has been working on:
Non-Bank Maritime Markets Lending Platform:
- Doonbeg sourced a non-bank lending transaction that intended to target the mezzanine, 2nd lien, and sale lease back debt finance marketplace for the Maritime sector.
- Doonbeg assisted the Company in securing a debt capital facility from a sovereign wealth fund for $150 million with rights to increase if demand dictates.
- The lending platform was supported by a substantial equity commitment from large ship owning families which provided great credibility to the platform within the Maritime industry.
- Doonbeg will, on an ongoing basis, act as a loan originator utilizing its global network of shipping and offshore companies.
Doonbeg’s Expertise Includes:
- Direct senior management expertise in the dry cargo, tanker, container, and cruise ship industries.
- Direct experience in loan origination, loan pricing, risk management, structuring, and asset securitization.
- Long term involvement in the insurance, securities, and real estate markets.